Thursday, February 25, 2016

A Little Bit About Squeeky Cheeks Hats :)

I've recently had a few people ask me what pattern I use for my hats... well, I use my own pattern!

Many years ago, when my kids were a little littler, I had so much trouble finding a good hat in the shops that would shade their little faces and that the brim didn't cover their eyes. So, I set about making one. Over the years more sizes have been added and the pattern tweaked.
Squeeky Cheeks hats come in sizes 46cm, 48cm, 50cm, 53cm & 55cm for the kids and 55cm & 58cm for Mum (or Dad).

I personally love a cord on kids hats, to keep them on in all weather and play. So I add a cord, toggle as well as quick release safety clip just in case it gets caught on play equipment, it'll just snap apart and come off. Of course, I know some people don't like cords (and that is fine) so I will also custom make them without a cord altogether.
Another custom option is a cord around the crown of the hat.

The brim of the Squeeky Cheeks hats are stitched many many times around, that drives me nuts if I'm doing a few at a time, but I think it's an important step in ensuring a nice firm brim that won't flop down and cover little faces.

All Squeeky Cheeks Hats are machine washable, simply throw them in with your regular wash and hang on the line using a couple of pegs to dry making sure the brim can dry flat. I prewash all fabrics before construction, so there's no shrinkage or dye run when you do wash them.

I take pride in creating individual, top quality items for you. I love seeing my hats out there in the 'wild' with some even still going strong after many years, even being handed down to the next smallest head in the family or friends family.

So...If you've got this far, Congratulations now you know a little more about the history of the Squeeky Cheeks hats!

Thank you for reading!
Sandi

No comments:

Post a Comment